Magnetics designed to meet your unique, high-risk specifications
Whether you need a custom solution or a simple build-to-print, we have the design skills and manufacturing know-how to turn your demanding specification into a precision component that works right, the first time. Our reliable, innovative designs are all backed with a 5 year warranty.
Need a bit more info before sending us your specs? Learn more about our Capabilities or the Importance of Identifying Harmonic Content.
Built To Your Specifications
We work with you to build a component that fits your need perfectly.
- Inductance: uH to H
- Currents to 1100A nominal, AC or DC
- AC Ripple Current and Harmonics accommodated to specification
- Working Voltage up to 12kV (depending on frequency); multiple stages possible for higher outputs
- Frequency: 25Hz to 500kHz (typical)
- Temperature Class to 220C (155C / Class F typical)
- Weight: 0.06 oz / 1g to 550 lbs / 250kg
- Multiple taps as required
- Dielectric Strength (hipot) to 30kVac or 20kVdc
- Parts can be vacuum varnished or molded with a variety of hard or soft encapsulant materials with thermal conductivity.
- Wire sizes from 1-45 AWG or Copper Foil to 0.050in thick (in multiple layers for higher current); Litz wire for higher frequency
- Regulation to specification
- Manufactured using all known state-of-the-art magnetic core materials, including but not limited to electrical grade steel laminations, ferrites & powdered iron, nickel-iron alloy, iron amorphous metal strip-wound cores, nanocrystalline cores and small toroids.
- Antifungal and non-nutrient coatings available
- Corrosion resistant coatings & platings available
- Standard or custom terminations & leads
- Mounting Configurations: pcb-mount (horizontal or vertical), custom or standard brackets or stacked configurations
- Designed to meet CSA & UL (safety) or MIL PRF 27 (aerospace / military) requirements upon request
- MIL PRF 27 Grade 5 & 6 encapsulation available