Designed To Withstand Demanding Environments
We build custom applications for many industries including the ones with tough, demanding Aviation and Marine environments. We know special consideration must be given to vibration, moisture, weight, contamination and qualification. Unique winding configurations, high-efficiency cores, high-strength and non-nutrient encapsulants.
That's why we work collaboratively with you and your technical personnel to to develop the optimal solution for your complex requirement.
Example Types of Aviation & 400Hz Inductors & Chokes
- MIL-PRF-27 design
- Military and Aerospace
- Sealed / Encapsulated / Molded
- Litz and Copper Foil Windings / Amorphous and Specialty Material Cores
Power Done Perfectly
On the ground, in the air or on the water. Contact us with your requirements.
Aviation and 400Hz Inductors and Chokes Capabilities at Electronic Craftsmen
- Inductance: uH to H
- Currents to 1100A nominal, AC or DC
- AC Ripple Current and Harmonics accommodated to specification
- Working Voltage up to 12kV (depending on frequency); multiple stages possible for higher outputs
- Frequency: 25Hz to 1200Hz (typical)
- Temperature Class to 220C (155C / Class F typical)
- Weight: 0.06 oz / 1g to 550 lbs / 250kg
- Multiple taps as required
- Dielectric Strength (hipot) to 30kVac or 20kVdc
- Parts can be vacuum varnished or molded with a variety of hard or soft encapsulant materials with thermal conductivity.
- Wire sizes from 1-45 AWG or Copper Foil to 0.050in thick (in multiple layers for higher current); Litz wire for higher frequency
- Regulation to specification
- Manufactured using all known state-of-the-art magnetic core materials, including but not limited to electrical grade steel laminations, ferrites & powdered iron, nickel-iron alloy, iron amorphous metal strip-wound cores, nanocrystalline cores and small toroids.
- Antifungal and non-nutrient coatings available
- Corrosion resistant coatings & platings available
- Standard or custom terminations & leads
- Mounting Configurations: pcb-mount (horizontal or vertical), custom or standard brackets or stacked configurations
- Designed to meet CSA & UL (safety) or MIL PRF 27 (aerospace / military) requirements upon request
- MIL PRF 27 Grade 5 & 6 encapsulation available