Crafting Industry Solutions
Highly engineered products developed to meet complex customer specifications. Materials and methods are uniquely selected to maximize performance and reduce costs. We work collaboratively with you to create optimal solutions to demanding requirements.
Example Types of Specialty Transformers
- Encapsulated / Molded / Potted*
- High Voltage (to 12kV)
- Battery Charging
- Potential (voltage measurement)
- Transformer assemblies (with wire harnesses, circuit boards, discrete components)
* Note: Almost any magnetic component can be Grade 5 molded (sealed). We use a wide selection of 2-part epoxy, RTV and/or other silicone materials.
Have A Unique Requirement?
We design and manufacture custom components that will solve your most difficult performance challenges.
- Power: From mW to 50kVA @ 60Hz or up to 200kVA @ 20kHz (typical)
- Working Voltage up to 12kV (depending on frequency); multiple stages possible for higher outputs
- Frequency: 25Hz to 500kHz (typical)
- Temperature Class to 220C (155C / Class F typical)
- Weight: 0.06 oz / 1g to 550 lbs / 250kg
- Multiple taps as required
- Dielectric Strength (hipot) to 30kVac or 20kVdc
- Parts can be vacuum varnished or molded with a variety of hard or soft encapsulant materials with
- Wire sizes from 1-45 AWG or Copper Foil to 0.050in thick (in multiple layers for higher current); Litz
wire for higher frequency
- Regulation to specification
- Manufactured using all known state-of-the-art magnetic core materials, including but not limited to
electrical grade steel laminations, ferrites & powdered iron, nickel-iron alloy, iron amorphous
metal strip-wound cores, nanocrystalline cores and small toroids.
- Antifungal and non-nutrient coatings available
- Corrosion resistant coatings & platings available
- Standard or custom terminations & leads
- Mounting Configurations: pcb-mount (horizontal or vertical), custom or standard brackets or stacked
- Designed to meet CSA & UL (safety) or MIL PRF 27 (aerospace / military) requirements upon request
- MIL PRF 27 Grade 5 & 6 encapsulation available