Designed and Built to Meet Your Demanding Magnetics Specification...
Understanding SMPS fundamentals is essential when optimizing a inductor design for smaller size, cooler operation and lower losses. We've been designing and building custom Switch Mode Power Supply magnetics for over 25 years. From design concept to delivery, you can rely on our expertise to help you minimize your risk and achieve a high performance product.
Example Types of High-Frequency, Ferrite & Switching Inductors & Chokes
- Buck, Boost and Flyback Topologies
- Output Filter Inductors
- Magnetic Regulators (Mag Amps)
- High Current / Voltage / Frequency
- Encapsulated / Molded Designs
- In-house Core Gapping
- Litz and Copper Foil Windings
We deliver expertly made magnetics with low or high volumes and flexible schedules, on-time and pn-budget.
High-Frequency & Switch Mode Inductors Capabilities at Electronic Craftsmen
- Inductance: uH to H
- Currents to 1100A nominal, AC or DC
- AC Ripple Current and Harmonics accommodated to specification
- Working Voltage up to 12kV (depending on frequency); multiple stages possible for higher outputs
- Frequency: To 500kHz (typical)
- Temperature Class to 220C (155C / Class F typical)
- Weight: 0.06 oz / 1g to 550 lbs / 250kg
- Multiple taps as required
- Dielectric Strength (hipot) to 30kVac or 20kVdc
- Parts can be vacuum varnished or molded with a variety of hard or soft encapsulant materials with thermal conductivity.
- Wire sizes from 1-45 AWG or Copper Foil to 0.050in thick (in multiple layers for higher current); Litz wire for higher frequency
- Regulation to specification
- Manufactured using all known state-of-the-art magnetic core materials, including but not limited to electrical grade steel laminations, ferrites & powdered iron, nickel-iron alloy, iron amorphous metal strip-wound cores, nanocrystalline cores and small toroids.
- Antifungal and non-nutrient coatings available
- Corrosion resistant coatings & platings available
- Standard or custom terminations & leads
- Mounting Configurations: pcb-mount (horizontal or vertical), custom or standard brackets or stacked configurations
- Designed to meet CSA & UL (safety) or MIL PRF 27 (aerospace / military) requirements upon request
- MIL PRF 27 Grade 5 & 6 encapsulation available