Reliable, Innovative Designs
We specialize in designing and manufacturing numerous Aviation, Aerospace & 400Hz Transformers to fit your design perfectly. We deliver solutions to complex problems across a wide range of industries, from high tech to industrial. Our transformers and inductors are used in a variety of conditions and usage modes.
For applications on the ground, on the water or in the air, we work collaboratively with you to create optimal solutions to demanding requirements.
Example Types of Aviation and 400Hz Transformers
- Airport Lighting
- Naval Power, Communications & Defence
Powerful Solutions That Work
"Whatever it takes" is always our response to demanding custom transformer requirements.
- Power: From mW to 50kVA max total @ 60Hz or up to 60kVA @ 400Hz (typical)
- Working Voltage up to 15kV (depending on frequency); multiple stages possible for higher outputs
- Frequency: 25Hz to 1200kHz (typical)
- Temperature Class to 220C (155C / Class F typical)
- Weight: 0.06 oz / 1g to 550 lbs / 250kg
- Multiple taps as required
- Dielectric Strength (hipot) to 30kVac or 20kVdc
- Parts can be vacuum varnished or molded with a variety of hard or soft encapsulant materials with
- Wire sizes from 1-45 AWG or Copper Foil to 0.050in thick (in multiple layers for higher current); Litz
wire for higher frequency
- Regulation to specification
- Manufactured using all known state-of-the-art magnetic core materials, including but not limited to
electrical grade steel laminations, ferrites & powdered iron, nickel-iron alloy, iron amorphous
metal strip-wound cores, nanocrystalline cores and small toroids.
- Antifungal and non-nutrient coatings available
- Corrosion resistant coatings & platings available
- Standard or custom terminations & leads
- Mounting Configurations: pcb-mount (horizontal or vertical), custom or standard brackets or stacked
- Designed to meet CSA & UL (safety) or MIL PRF 27 (aerospace / military) requirements upon request
- MIL PRF 27 Grade 5 & 6 encapsulation available