Reliable, Innovative Designs
We design and build our inductors and chokes with state-of-the-art materials including powdered metals, ferrites, amorphous metals and silicon & nickel iron materials. In-house gapping capability allows us to meet specific inductance specifications and our collaborative approach to design allows us to deliver applications with results in optimal performance in the most efficient package.
Example Types of DC & AC Inductors, Chokes & Reactors:
- Encapsulated / Molded / Potted
- High Power, High Current
- Output Filter
- Differential & Common Mode
- High Voltage (to 25kV)
- Air Core Power
Advanced Manufacturing Capability
Each unit is assembled in-house with care and precision.
- Inductance: uH to H
- Currents to 1100A nominal, AC or DC
- AC Ripple Current and Harmonics accommodated to specification
- Working Voltage up to 15kV (depending on frequency); multiple stages possible for higher outputs
- Frequency: 25Hz to 500kHz (typical)
- Temperature Class to 220C (155C / Class F typical)
- Weight: 0.06 oz / 1g to 550 lbs / 250kg
- Multiple taps as required
- Dielectric Strength (hipot) to 30kVac or 20kVdc
- Parts can be vacuum varnished or molded with a variety of hard or soft encapsulant materials with thermal conductivity.
- Wire sizes from 1-45 AWG or Copper Foil to 0.050in thick (in multiple layers for higher current); Litz wire for higher frequency
- Regulation to specification
- Manufactured using all known state-of-the-art magnetic core materials, including but not limited to electrical grade steel laminations, ferrites & powdered iron, nickel-iron alloy, iron amorphous metal strip-wound cores, nanocrystalline cores and small toroids.
- Antifungal and non-nutrient coatings available
- Corrosion resistant coatings & platings available
- Standard or custom terminations & leads
- Mounting Configurations: pcb-mount (horizontal or vertical), custom or standard brackets or stacked configurations
- Designed to meet CSA & UL (safety) or MIL PRF 27 (aerospace / military) requirements upon request
- MIL PRF 27 Grade 5 & 6 encapsulation available