Electronic Craftsmen is looking for a permanent, full-time winding operator for our Unit Winding - Heavy Cell Department. This position offers a wide variety of responsibilities over a continually changing & diverse product line. A competitive hourly rate is complemented by a full company paid benefits program. Vacation accrual is 3 weeks each year.
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
- Wind copper wire onto coil forms that will be used as part of transformer and inductor assemblies.
- Verify correct paperwork.
- Verify correct operation of winding machine.
- Verify correct winding tooling to be used.
- Verify correct materials to be used
- Perform pre start checklist every day when first starting up winding machine.
- Wind parts with the correct magnet wire or copper foil.
- Following manufacturing specification, wind the correct amount of turns applying the correct inter layer or inter winding insulations.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Possibly repair problem parts.
- Good housekeeping in your cell area.
- Help out in other work cells as required.
- Responsible for reporting on problems or defects in products or materials to immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for alerting supervisor about potential improvements to job activities and tasks.
- Follow safety requirements
Internal Training Required
- Quality Policy and related documents.
- Health & Safety topics.
- Manufacturing document reading.
- Shop floor paperwork training.
- Hands on winding training (operation of winding machine, loading of magnet wire).
- Tooling management training (this will allow proper verification of winding arbours).
- Hand soldering techniques.
- Hands on lifiting equipment training
- Hydraulic press operation
- Specific Quality document training as identified for this job description.
- Good hand dexterity.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Basic math and literacy skills.
- Good reading, writing and verbal skills in the English Language.
- May have to stand or sit for an entire shift.
- Must be able to lift 50 lb spools of magnet wire.
- Use of air tools.
Send your application to:
Justine Redfearn, Recruitment