Electronic Craftsmen is on the lookout for a permanent, full-time Electrical Test Technician to work in our Quality Control department. This position offers a wide variety of responsibilities over a continually changing & diverse product line. A competitive hourly rate is complemented by a full company paid health & dental benefits program including a 3-week vacation accrual to start.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
Mandate. Electrical testing and troubleshooting of transformers, inductors, & chokes
- Detailed Visual Inspection including dimensional requirements, damage, and workmanship issues.
- Use of electrical test equipment (Multi-Meters, Oscilloscopes, Power supplies) and electrical HIPOT equipment producing up to 20KVDC of potential.
- Use of measuring equipment (Vernier Calipers, Micro meters, rulers).
- Ability to read and understand product specifications, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with teammates by providing explanation and guidance to operators in matters of Non-Conformance.
- Troubleshooting support for Production and Engineering.
- Recognize continuous improvement processes and participate in improvement projects.
- Preparation of inspection and test reports and Non-Conforming documentation within an AS9100 (Aerospace) and IS09001 Quality environment.
- Must have good organizational skills and a strong attention to detail.
- May be required to do other tasks as assigned.
- Reporting to the Quality Manager and Production Supervisor.
- Safety-minded at all times.
Education & Qualifications
- An Electrical/Electronic Engineering Technician diploma or a combination of education and experience in a related electrical field
- Mathematical aptitude.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Quality assurance experience (desirable).
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to sit, stand for 8 hours per day
- Some heavy lifting up to 40 Lbs.
- Some Repetative hand/wrist movement
- Required Vision – adequate near vision (glasses permitted) and no colour blindness.
- Required to wear safety shoes and protective eyewear.
Electronic Craftsmen is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send your application to:
Justine Redfearn, Recruitment
Phone: (519) 884-2210 Ext. 217
Fax: (519) 884-2211