E Craftsmen is on the lookout for a permanent, full-time operator to work in our casting department - encapsulation of transformers in epoxy or silicone materials. This position offers a wide variety of responsibilities over a continually changing & diverse product line. A competitive hourly rate is complemented by a full company paid benefits program.
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
- Moulding/Encapsulation of coils and parts that will be used as part of transformer and inductor assemblies.
- Follow instructions on Manufacturing Specifications.
- Verify correct paperwork.
- Verify correct materials to be used.
- Locate required mould, apply mould release.
- Mix epoxy according to specifications on the technical datasheet.
- Cleaning and maintenance of moulds.
- Follow required steps for casting using hands on and standard practise training.
- Follow cell leaders/supervisor instructions for production needs.
- Follow safety requirements for the department.
- Work with the cell leaders/supervisor to meet scheduled ship dates.
- Work with cell leaders and engineering to develop prototypes.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
- Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Possibly repair problem parts.
- Good housekeeping in your cell area.
- Monthly cycle counting (inventory)
- Help out in other work cells as required.
- Responsible for reporting on problems or defects in products or materials to immediate supervisor.
- Responsible for alerting supervisor about potential improvements to job activities and tasks.
Internal Training Required
- Quality Policy and related documents.
- Health & Safety topics.
- Manufacturing document reading.
- Technical datasheet training.
- Weigh Scale training.
- Spill Response training.
- Shop floor paperwork training.
- Hands on Casting training (tooling, materials, operation of equipment, vacuum chambers, pressure vessels).
- Specific Quality document training as identified for this job description.
- Good hand dexterity.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- High school or equivalent (basic math and literacy skills).
- Good reading, writing and verbal skills in the English Language.
- May have to stand or sit for an entire shift.
- Working with chemicals and smells.
- May be hot in the summer months.
- Minimum 20/25 vision (including use of eyewear as needed) and no colour blindness.
- Must be able to lift 10 lb spools of magnet wire.
Send your application to:
Justine Redfearn, Recruitment
Phone: (519) 884-2210 Ext. 217
Fax: (519) 884-2211